Clearwater Beach sunset viewed from Sand Key.

Bookmark or Share TampaBayTourist.com with Friends.Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: Maximo Park in Southern Pinellas County  (Read 3504 times)

Offline TBTourist

• Reviews of Tampa Bay by a local!
  • Administrator
  • TBTourist
    • View Profile
    • Digital images printed to color slides.
Maximo Park in Southern Pinellas County
« on: June 23, 2010, 09:25:10 PM »
Maximo Park is a St. Petersburg City Park located on the Southern tip of Pinellas County just before you hit the Causeway on I-275 South to go over the Sunshine Skyway Bridge.  The Sunshine Skyway Bridge crosses the mouth of Tampa Bay to go into Manatee County.  Take the last exit before the Sunshine Skyway Bridge and then turn right and you'll run right into Maximo Park. 

Maximo Park has many picnic areas, a boat launch, fishing and a beach.  If you look at the photos below, it was low tide, so the water was lower than normal.  Maximo Park has a play area for kids and a disk (Frisbee) golf course. 

Those disk golf people are serious about it!  LOL  They have several sized disks of different weights to throw different distances and I was surprised to see them using pull carts to bring all of their stuff with them around the course.  We saw them go around twice last night, so they must have played 18 "holes." 

The holes for the disks are really chain link baskets that will catch the flying disks, so it's not "real golf" if you ask me.  I've been playing golf for over 40 years, but it looked very challenging to say the least.  Perhaps I should look into it. 

Click the photos below to make them larger.  Here's a link with more info:

http://www.stpetersburg.com/attractions/beaches.html
ColorSlide.com is my business! We take your digital images and print them onto color slide film inexpensively.  We can also scan your existing film (any size) into digital images and then put them onto a DVD to play as a show on your TV.  We can also convert your existing digital images into the Zapplication format needed by many art shows and craft shows.  Our main clientel are artists and people who need PowerPoint slides.  Learn more at:  http://www.colorslide.com/

ColorSlide.com is your source for color slides or negatives from digital images and more!