Clearwater Beach sunset viewed from Sand Key.

Bookmark or Share TampaBayTourist.com with Friends.Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: Embassy Suites at USF  (Read 3480 times)

Offline TBTourist

• Reviews of Tampa Bay by a local!
  • Administrator
  • TBTourist
    • View Profile
    • Digital images printed to color slides.
Embassy Suites at USF
« on: February 28, 2011, 11:49:55 PM »
It's not often that we stay in a local hotel in Tampa, but we did this past weekend.  I was at a charity event a few months ago and I bid on a 2 night weekend stay.  Quite frankly, I was just bidding it up a little on the silent auction and I ended up getting it.  However, it was worth every penny.  It's part of the Hilton Hotels and the people that work there are simply wonderful.  They will meet your every need with a smile and a polite attitude. 

We went there to have a change of scenery and to get away from our computers for a couple days.  It was fun to simply lay around and watch TV and relax for once.  The heated pool wasn't warm enough for us Floridians to swim in February, but the "snowbirds" visiting from the northern states seemed to enjoy it.  We were going to get into the outdoor jacuzzi, but there were too many kids, so we decided to skip it. 

Each room in the hotel is an actual suite with a sitting room, sofa bed, 2 flat screen TVs, wet bar, refrigerator, microwave and a separate bedroom with a door that closes to separate the two sleeping areas.  The only thing missing was a jacuzzi tub, which we really missed having in a suite.  Every other suite we've ever stayed in has had one.  The only other bad thing was that they wanted us to pay $10 per 24 hour period for internet access, and I think that's a bit ridiculous and definitely too high of a price. 

The best part was a free breakfast buffet every morning that featured cooked to order eggs and omelets.  Even better was the free mixed drinks, wine and beer every evening plus snacks to munch on.  We didn't miss that opportunity both days, that's for sure!   

The Embassy Suites Hotel is located at the University of South Florida campus and it's a mile from Busch Gardens.  There are also several other Tampa locations.  Check out the hotel we stayed at directly at the long link below.

http://embassysuites1.hilton.com/en_US/es/hotel/TPAFRES-Embassy-Suites-Tampa-USF-Near-Busch-Gardens-Florida/index.do?brand_id=ES&brand_directory=/en/es/&xch=839667573,THFKH4XMN23OYCSGBJNMVCQ

Click the photos to make them larger. 
ColorSlide.com is my business! We take your digital images and print them onto color slide film inexpensively.  We can also scan your existing film (any size) into digital images and then put them onto a DVD to play as a show on your TV.  We can also convert your existing digital images into the Zapplication format needed by many art shows and craft shows.  Our main clientel are artists and people who need PowerPoint slides.  Learn more at:  http://www.colorslide.com/

ColorSlide.com is your source for color slides or negatives from digital images and more!