Clearwater Beach sunset viewed from Sand Key.

Bookmark or Share TampaBayTourist.com with Friends.Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: Obama Trying to Kill Oil and Gas, Force Green Energy  (Read 1894 times)

Offline TBTourist

• Reviews of Tampa Bay by a local!
  • Administrator
  • TBTourist
    • View Profile
    • Digital images printed to color slides.
Obama Trying to Kill Oil and Gas, Force Green Energy
« on: March 09, 2011, 07:09:47 PM »
This is the real reason we are paying higher prices for gas for our cars.  Read it for yourself and then you'll know that it's our own government that wants it that way.  I highlighted the key paragraph in red below.

Quoting from the story...

Sen. Jim Inhofe tells Newsmax that the Obama administration is “trying to kill oil and gas” by refusing to allow the United States to exploit its abundant natural resources in an effort to drive the country toward green energy.

The Oklahoma Republican also says that calls for tapping into the Strategic Petroleum Reserve are a “copout” to divert attention from that refusal. And he asserts that there is “no doubt in anyone’s mind” that Republicans will take control of the Senate in 2012.

Sen. Inhofe is the Ranking Republican on the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee and a steadfast critic of manmade global warming alarmists. His new book “The Hoax” is due out in August.

Despite the soaring price of gasoline resulting from Middle East unrest, the Obama administration remains resolved to curtail new offshore oil drilling. In an exclusive interview with Newsmax.TV, Inhofe was asked about the administration’s policy.

Energy Secretary Steven Chu, "speaking on behalf of the president, said somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe — I checked today and it’s $7.80 a gallon — so we won’t buy as much and then all this wonderful green energy is going to come in.

“We have more recoverable reserves in oil, gas and coal than any nation in the world. We have enough natural gas to run our country for 110 years. The problem is, the liberals, the Democrats won’t allow us to exploit our own resources. They are intentionally stopping us from doing it.

“This administration is admittedly trying to raise the price of gas so they can accomplish their green goals.

“What really bugs me is when I hear the John Kerrys or the Barbara Boxers saying we’ve got to develop green energy so we can stop our dependence on the Middle East. We could stop our dependence on the Middle East for our energy if we just develop our own resources here.

“To have them admit that they’re trying to raise the price of gas — this is no time for them to be doing that. And I hope people don’t forget that.”

Read the rest of the story below.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/inhofe-obama-oil-gas/2011/03/08/id/388782?s=al&promo_code=BD37-1
ColorSlide.com is my business! We take your digital images and print them onto color slide film inexpensively.  We can also scan your existing film (any size) into digital images and then put them onto a DVD to play as a show on your TV.  We can also convert your existing digital images into the Zapplication format needed by many art shows and craft shows.  Our main clientel are artists and people who need PowerPoint slides.  Learn more at:  http://www.colorslide.com/

ColorSlide.com is your source for color slides or negatives from digital images and more!