Clearwater Beach sunset viewed from Sand Key.

Bookmark or Share TampaBayTourist.com with Friends.Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: Ben T. Davis Beach  (Read 1471 times)

Offline TBTourist

• Reviews of Tampa Bay by a local!
  • Administrator
  • TBTourist
    • View Profile
    • Digital images printed to color slides.
Ben T. Davis Beach
« on: April 24, 2010, 12:06:36 AM »
The Ben T. Davis Beach is on the Tampa side of the Courtney Campbell Causeway.  If you're coming from Tampa, you have to turn left at the Whiskey Joe's Restaurant while going west on Rt. 60.  If you're coming from Clearwater on East Rt. 60 you simply turn left at the end of the park at the Whiskey Joe's entrance. 

Parking at the park is by meter, so bring a lot of change to feed the parking meters.  There's a small beach and shallow water, which makes great wading for everyone.  It's always crowded, so get there early if you want a prime spot. 

They have some covered picnic tables that you may be able to reserve, so check the signage when you get there.  They used to have public restrooms, but I drove by today to shoot the following photos and the brick building is gone.  I saw a couple of port-o-potties, but no more flush facilities. 

Sometimes in the past several Summers, the air and bay water gets stagnant and this beach suffers the consequences of no water movement.  The bacteria level will rise and they'll close the beach for a week until it blows away with the currents. 

Anyways, listen to the local weather forecasts for more information on rare times like that once a year thing. 

Click the following photos of Ben T. Davis Beach below.  We shot the photos from the Whiskey Joe's vallet parking loop. 

Enjoy!
ColorSlide.com is my business! We take your digital images and print them onto color slide film inexpensively.  We can also scan your existing film (any size) into digital images and then put them onto a DVD to play as a show on your TV.  We can also convert your existing digital images into the Zapplication format needed by many art shows and craft shows.  Our main clientel are artists and people who need PowerPoint slides.  Learn more at:  http://www.colorslide.com/

ColorSlide.com is your source for color slides or negatives from digital images and more!