Author Topic: Cocoa Beach Weekend Trip  (Read 2489 times)

Offline TBTourist

• Reviews of Tampa Bay by a local!
  • Administrator
  • TBTourist
    • View Profile
    • Digital images printed to color slides.
Cocoa Beach Weekend Trip
« on: February 06, 2010, 12:25:58 AM »
You just have to go check out Cocoa Beach for the weekend!  I had no idea that it was the surf capital of Florida until August of 2009. 

When you drive down I-75 from Georgia into Florida, you see several billboards for the Ron Jon Surf shop, and when we went there, I didn't know it was such a big deal!  I've driven by those bill boards for years, but that store is huge and it's full of surf stuff and bathing suits and sandals and dang, is it ever expensive!  We bought some post cards for a couple bucks.  We're El Cheapo tourists!  LOL!

There are surf boards hanging all over the second level and you can even buy an official Ron Jon used long surf board for only $3,000 from his private collection!  What a deal!  LOL!  Three grand for a wooden surf board?  LMAO!

Anyways, we ate at a Mexican Restaurant at the beach called the Azteca Mexican Restaurant.  It was really nice and clean and you can see our photos below. 

It was located in a big hotel whose name I can't remember and we went to the beach afterwards.  Below are some photos from the restaurant and from the beach in front of the hotel on the Atlantic Ocean.  Click the photo to make it larger and enjoy! 

It's worth a trip over there from the Tampa Bay Area.  You can cross Florida on I-4 and the Beeline Expressway in about 2 1/2 hours.  It's freeway all the way until you get close to Cocoa Beach, so it's a nice ride.

Just watch out on the roads, because the Florida natives have lead foots and they go 80 when the speed limit is 70!  Stay out of their way and stay out of the left lane!  LOL!

ColorSlide.com is my business! We take your digital images and print them onto color slide film inexpensively.  We can also scan your existing film (any size) into digital images and then put them onto a DVD to play as a show on your TV.  We can also convert your existing digital images into the Zapplication format needed by many art shows and craft shows.  Our main clientel are artists and people who need PowerPoint slides.  Learn more at:  http://www.colorslide.com/